With the portable Smoking-Box (food smoker) from Steba you can quickly infuse foods with natural smoke from woodchips, tea or herbs, wild flowers or even tobacco. The Smoking-Box adds a smoky flavor to foods before or after cooking.
Perfect for flavoring foods such as ham, cheese, meat, butter, oysters, raw fish, cocktails, salads, chocolate, meringue, etc. etc.
You can also smoke liquids in a blender, glass or shaker.
Battery-powered: Use it in the kitchen or at an outdoor BBQ or picnic!
Easy and fast! 2-3 minutes is enough to infuse the food with smoke flavor.
Place the smoking ingredient in the smoking chamber, turn on the fan, light it with a lighter and smoke will start coming out of the front tube or provided rubber hose to maneuver the smoke easily. Simple!
Only cool smoke is released, preventing it from altering the texture and temperature of any food you subject to its flavour.
The Smoking-Box is also a great tool to finish meats and vegetables cooked sous vide.
• 25 cm hose for inserting the smoke into a container (for example a pan or glass with plastic wrap), a sealable bag, etc.
• 2 flavors of smoking woodchips: 70g. Beech wood & 70g. Hickory wood
• Sealable aroma bag
• Use with woodchips, tea or herbs, wild flowers or even tobacco
• Dismountable Battery-powered
• Power : 0.6 W (230 V ~)
• Battery powered (Uses four AA batteries - not included)
• Weight : 0.2 kg
• Dimensions (H/W/D) : 23 x 4 x 4 cm
• Housing : Silver
• Article-No. : 99.09.00
• EAN-Code : 4011833400949
How-to: Smoked beer.
Two German breweries, Schlenkerla and Spezial, have produced smoked German lagers and ales for centuries. Many microbreweries also experiment with smoked beers.
Now, with the Smoking-Box Starterkit from Steba, you can easily make a smoked version of any beer you like.
1. Pour the beer in a glass, etc.
2. Insert the hose in the beer. Keep the hose at the top, do not immerse it too much.
3. Cover the glass with plastic wrap.
4. Turn on the Smoking-Box and light the wood chips.
5. Shake gently for a couple of minutes.
6. Enjoy your smoked beer!